Why solar heating panels?
Millions of people worldwide have been enjoying solar heated swimming pools for over two decades. Heating swimming pools today is the largest use of solar energy in the world and there are good reasons for this.
Savings: The initial cost of a Solar system for an in-ground pool is about 50% of conventional heating methods. So you always save money with a solar heated pool.
Solnet Solar systems have been in use for many years. Solar systems have no flames or fans, they just keep heating your pool quietly, safely and reliably, year after year.
Protect the environment: You can enjoy the comfort of your solar heated pool, knowing that you are using an environmentally friendly energy source, while you conserve our natural resources.
How efficiently wil solar panels heat my pool?
When you follow our recommended solar heater sizes and the panels have proper exposure to the sun, your pool should be conservatively 6 to 12 degrees warmer than it was before you heated it, under the same weather conditions.
Evaporation of water from the surface of the pool causes most of the cooling of the water. The larger the solar collector area, the more of the sun’s energy it will collect and send to the pool. Therefore, the larger the solar collector area is in relation to the surface area of the pool, the warmer the pool water will be. It is a neccesity to have a solar blanket on your swimming pool, also available from SOLNET water heating systems.
What about maintenance?
No special maintenance is needed. It is good practice to have a maintenance check done when you feel your solar panels are not performing at its best in good sunny weather. Log a call via email to Solnet or through our contact page and you will be contacted shortly to discuss your requirements etc.
What are the advantages?
Unlike conventional heating systems, solar systems do not burn fuel. Therefore, they avoid the creation of carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxides, sulphur dioxide, and other air pollutants.
- Reduce your vulnerability to fuel price spikes – Minimize nation’s dependency on foreign oil.
- Enjoy free pool heating after the system has paid for itself in reduced utility bills.
- Increase the resale value of your property – Quick payback on investment.
- Extends swimming season, maximizing the benefits of a swimming pool investment.
- Provides more comfortable swimming temperatures.
Does solar heating lengthen a swimming season?
Solar pool panels does lengthen your swimming season by heating your pool water using the sun’s UV rays and your pool pump, pumps the water through the panels on your roof and circulating the heated water from the panels into your pool. By doing so it heats the swimming pool water.
- Solnet installers are fully qualified tradesman.
- All employed by Solnet cc and dressed in uniforms for recognition.
- It is important for Solnet’s installations to be professional because , You, as consumer are our advertisement by word of mouth and testimony.